Being an office worker leaves you little time to exercise… especially if you work and live in a city like Jakarta where you’re lucky to be home before 10 o’clock. But of course, exercise is important, and we can always sneak in calorie-burning activities into our daily office routine. And it’s not all that hard, for example we could:
1. Bike or walk to work… or if you’re using public transportation, go off several stops before your destination. (I mean, waking up early is also healthy, no?)
2. If you’re taking a break, instead of going for a snack, try some gentle stretching or go up and down several flights of stairs.
3. Replace your office chair with a fitness ball (if you’re allowed to do so, of course). This way you can exercise your core muscles and work on your balance while doing your work.
4. Keep exercise equipment in your desk, say a small dumbbell or two, then use them when you have a bit of free time.
5. Does your work involve walking? If so, then pick up the pace…
Oh, and if you’re looking to really change your office into your own personal gym, take a look at the TrekDesk treadmill desk (click here for details).