Have you ever walked into a clothing store or boutique, ready to buy a whole new wardrobe, then suddenly you’re not sure what you want to pick? Yeah, we’ve all been there… but don’t worry, there are ways to make your shopping expeditions much more enjoyable…
1. It pays to be friendly with the store attendants. They might just tell you about special discounts, the finer points of the store’s return policy, exclusive sales, and other insider info that you might be able to take advantage of.
2. Be extra careful when you see really cheap sales. If you find yourself questioning whether you actually need something, then it might be best to save the cash for something that you are actually looking for.
3. Ignore sizes and go for what best fits you. Remember, different brands, different designers, and different retailers may use different sizing systems.
4. Sign up for your favorite store’s newsletters. That way you’ll always have up to date information about discounts, special offers, and exclusive sales. Yes, the constant stream of messages might get annoying, but you can always unsubscribe or set up a filter (see this post).
5. Finally, don’t just look around the women’s section. In the men’s department you can find, say, a nice button-down for lazy weekends (these are also very useful for when you go to the beach), while in the kids’ section you might find graphic tees that could be layered under a cardigan or blazer.
bowie15 / 123RF Stock Photo
chagall / 123RF Stock Photo
andresr / 123RF Stock Photo