The face is the window to the soul... or, wait, that’s the eyes, right? Anyway, the face is the part of us that other people are most likely to notice first, so obviously, we need to take extra good care of it. This, in turn, means a daily maintenance routine that is effective yet gentle, cleansing as well as enhancing. Below, you’ll find some easy, proven tips anybody can try...
1. When washing your face, treat it as if it were made of silk: Instead of vigorously rubbing, use gentle, circular motions, and sweep the cleanser upwards from your neck. Putting too much pressure can damage capillaries and stretch your skin.
2. Does your skin feel dry and flaky? Pick a cleanser that’s creamy and moisture rich. Oily and prone to acne? Use fruit extracts such as papaya. Sensitive? Use natural cleansing oils.
3. Getting your skin hydrated is incredibly important, so take every chance to get some extra hydration into your skin, but without using beauty products. For an easy example: drink plenty of water, and get extra liquids from fresh fruits and veggies.
4. Estrogen levels is one factor that keeps your skin supple, but of course this hormone declines as we age. So, look for natural supplements such as broccoli.
5. Sugary foods can trigger free radical, inflammation, and cell damage—all three are obviously not good for your skin. It might not be such a bad idea to consider cutting as much sugar from your regular diet.
ryanking999 / 123RF Stock Photo
paylessimages / 123RF Stock Photo
arekmalang / 123RF Stock Photo
lithian / 123RF Stock Photo