Keeping your makeup intact during a hot day can be quite the challenge… especially if you sweat easily. But have no fear, the collected wisdom of women from around the world has resulted in some iron proof strategies to keep your makeup from running down your face when the thermometer hovers near (or above) 30. So, read on, ladies…
1. A good primer can help make your makeup stick. On the other hand, since we are talking about extra hot days, be sure to find a primer that’s light or—better yet—cools.
2. Avoiding oil-based foundation and makeup can also help a lot. Obviously, having a complete set of oil-free beauty products is almost impossible, but the more the better.
3. Waterproof mascara and eyeliner: these two are must-have items for hot days.
4. Wear your hair up. This can help prevent moisture (your sweat, essentially) from building up around your face and disturbing your makeup.
5. Top it all off with a translucent powder. Paired with a good primer, this will ensure that nothing moves.
6. Even after all the above, a bit of oil can still seep out. So, having a ready supply of blotting paper is always a good idea.
7. Unless you’ll be spending most of the day in an air conditioned building, a fan might come in handy… whether it’s a small desktop fan for your work desk or a more traditional-looking paper fan. Please don’t use one of those small, battery powered mini fans. They look ridiculous, while a paper fan might actually add a touch of elegance to your look.
ersler / 123RF Stock Photo
inspirestock / 123RF Stock Photo
halfpoint / 123RF Stock Photo