A lot of us tend to forget that any change in the weather can really affect our skin. And this includes acne breaking out en masse, especially for those with acne-prone skin. Oh, and if you tend to sweat a lot, that’s even worse. But don’t worry, there are plenty of things to do keep acne breakouts (and the accompanying stress) at bay...
1. Go for a natural look. In other words: give your skin—especially around your face—a break from all the usual makeup products, so that it can relax, breathe properly. Now, if you do attempt to go without makeup for a while, here’s one beauty tip from the experts: doing just your brows can help you maintain a polished look. Really.
2. Can’t go entirely without makeup? Then go light: wear as little makeup as is practical and switch some of your regular products with more lightweight options that would still allow your skin to breathe. For example: CC cream can be used as a great substitute for your usual foundation.
3. Oh, and if possible, stay away from products that are oil based, since they tend to clog your skin, thus trapping dirt within.
4. Moving on to maintenance, try to set aside some time for some serious deep cleaning. How often you should do this depends on how sensitive your skin is, but as a rule of thumb, 2 to 3 times a week should be enough.
5. It’s also important that you always stay alert for the first signs of a breakout, and move in quickly to prevent it. A thin layer of benzoyl peroxide is one of your best options. You can even use it preventively on areas of the skin where acne tends to pop out.
6. And finally, always have baby wipes or oil paper to keep your face clean all day long.
liza5450 / 123RF Stock Photo
ryanking999 / 123RF Stock Photo
phasinphoto / 123RF Stock Photo