The perfect color combination can make quite the fashion statement, but you can do the same—and much more—with just one. Yes, we’re talking about monochromatic outfits... which can make you look trendy, slimmer, and also a bit taller. Still, going out in a single color can be a daunting challenge, so here are several basic tips to get you started... ;)
1. We’ll start off with the boldest and most intensive option: going all out in one color. This means everything, down to your shoes and other accessories has to be in one shade. Now, this is definitely going to make a bold statement, while at the same time come off as cool and sophisticated...
2. Still, if wearing one solid color from head to toe sounds a bit too daunting, then why not incorporate prints and patterns to add interesting details to your overall look? Pick one dominant color, then find matching prints that doesn’t take away too much from the monochromatic scheme.
3. Another way to spruce up a monochromatic look is to play with textures: Same color, same shade, but different materials and/or textures for your top and bottom pieces.
4. But for some people, one color alone is simply too boring... so we have yet another option: color progression. Basically this means matching different fashion items in one color but different shades or hues. A color gradation, if you will.
5. And finally, we have what is arguably the easiest option: A one piece outfit, in one stunning color. Oh, but don’t forget about any accessories...
massonforstock / 123RF Stock Photo
fashionstock / 123RF Stock Photo