When it comes to color combinations, there’s nothing as simple, as classic, and yet as effective like black and white. This contrasting duo is immensely versatile, you can wear them just about anytime, anywhere, and for just any occasion. More importantly, while black and white seems utterly simple, it also feels very sophisticated. All you need is the perfect way to mix and match these two colors... and below you’ll find some of the most stylish options...
1. The easiest way to take advantage of the contrast between black and white is to pick a white top and black bottom... or vice versa. Again, this works for just about any occasion you can think of.
2. If you like playing with silhouettes, then perhaps black and white stripes can be a great option to experiment with. Needless to say, avoid black and white stripes from head to toe. Better stick with striped tops...
3. Black and white doesn’t have to come in equal amounts, however. So, for example, a black monochromatic dress with white trimmings along the hem can look quite nice. Essentially, you’ll be picking a monochromatic outfit in either black or white, and then use the opposite color to add accents.
4. Speaking of accents, a dash of another color (perhaps a bright red scarf, or a pair of lime green shoes) also work really well with a black and white outfit.
5. And, of course, floral patterns, either black on white or the other way around, is always a nice pick... right?
fashionstock / 123RF Stock Photo
konradbak / 123RF Stock Photo