One of the more interesting aspects of beauty treatments is the surprise you feel when you learn that a common household item can be used in a number of handy beauty tricks. And today, we have baby powder. Yes, baby powder can actually be a useful (and cheap!) ingredient for quite a few of your beauty routines. Below, you’ll see several examples of how baby powder can play a hand in adult beauty...
1. After applying mascara, let it dry, and then brush a bit of baby powder on them. Add one or two additional layers of mascara, and you’ll have fuller eyelashes that looks just perfect.
2. Baby powder can also be used as a primer (simply sweep a thin layer over your face before you start applying your regular makeup) or as a setting powder (use just a tiny bit of baby powder after applying your regular makeup). Simple, no? And once again: cheap...
3. For a more matte (but not entirely flat) look on your lips, you can use baby powder as a lipstick sealer. Take a piece of tissue paper, dab a bit of baby powder on it, then put it up against your lips.
4. Before waxing (if you’re doing it yourself at home), apply baby powder on the areas you’re going to work on, so that the wax has a better grip on the hairs. This might help you get the best results in only one go.
5. And of course, we have perhaps the most popular beauty-related use for baby powder: removing excess oil. Yes, just like blotting sheets, but it won’t ruin your makeup.
6. (Bonus tip) Baby powder can also be used as an alternative for dry shampoo. So, if you don’t have the time to wash your hair, simply sprinkle the powder on the roots of your hair, let it sit for 15 seconds, then shake it off. It’s a lot easier if you part your hairs into several sections and do one section at a time.
choreograph / 123RF Stock Photo
cloud7days / 123RF Stock Photo
violanda / 123RF Stock Photo
asife / 123RF Stock Photo