If we were to by what we find in folk tales, love songs, and romantic movies, finding love is hard, but it’s not that hard to know when it’s “true”. Of course this is where reality and fantasy differ. Oh, “true love” does exist, and it’s not that rare. But understanding what it means to truly love somebody and to be truly loved by that somebody... now that’s a whole different ballgame. Still, there are some telltale signs of that elusive true love that we can look out for. Read on, ladies...
1. You can tell that somebody truly loves you, when they let themselves cry in front of you. Because this means that they’ve torn down whatever walls they’ve built around their hearts, and they’re letting you in.
2. True love means challenging the one you love. Maybe it’s something simple like encouraging your loved one to try out for a competition, or something bigger like trying out for a new job. Because being truly in love means kicking the person you love out of their comfort zone.
3. People who are truly in love get into arguments. Frequently. Because people who are truly in love care about each other’s’ opinion. Of course, in this case, fighting should lead to resolving whatever it was that sparked the fight in the first place.
4. True love also means being supportive. Not just by encouraging and motivating, but also by not belittling each other when things don’t go according to plan. Believe it or not, this is not as easy as it sounds.
5. And finally, when you are with somebody who is your true love, you want to become a better person, and you know that they will push you, help you, and lift you up so you truly become a better person.
Phaendin Chuenmongkolsakul / 123RF Stock Photo
syaraku / 123RF Stock Photo
Vichaya Kiatying-Angsulee / 123RF Stock Photo