In love and relationships, we’ll probably never run out of clichéd pointers that are nevertheless true. One particularly good example is how we don’t always appreciate what we have until it’s gone. Here’s the problem: love can grow forever, problems can be fixed, but time... well, never know how much time we have with our loved ones, and it’s usually never enough. So, that bit about appreciating what we have actually means “make every moment count”. And how do we do that? Well, these following tips might be worth a try... ;)
1. Think before you speak, because we can’t really take back the harsh words we might utter in the heat of the moment. Also, never hesitate to say “I’m sorry”.
2. Laugh. A lot. Together. Besides, trying to act all mature and serious in front of your partner is not good for either of you.
3. If you want your love for your partner to be truly felt, it needs to be expressed. So do it as often as possible. Remember the old adage, “Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable”.
4. We’ll also never have a shortage of anger and stress, whether it’s at home, at work, on the road, etc. So, try to make it so that within your marriage, there will never be a shortage of kindness instead.
5. Life is a gift, meant to be shared with the ones you love the most. Never, ever forget that.
CHANCHAI SUTTIPRAPA / 123RF Stock Photo
Diego Cervo / 123RF Stock Photo
arekmalang / 123RF Stock Photo