Surely a lot of women would agree that eyeliner is one of the trickiest part of our makeup routines, but also one that can really make or break a look. But while there’s no easy way to put up eyeliner, there are quite a few small adjustments you can make to avoid mistakes and get the best possible result. So, read on, ladies...
1. If you heavily line you lower lid, your eyes can end up looking smaller—especially if you’re using a very dark color. So, if you really want to define your lower lid, use a light pencil or light-colored eye shadow.
2. The easiest way to create an even line is to point your chin up while looking down. This way, your lids are half closed, but you can still see them.
3. Black and brown eyeliner are the most common, but this doesn’t mean that you should stick only to these two basic colors. For instance, white or nude eyeliner applied on your lower lid can really help in creating a more refreshed look.
4. If you’re in a hurry, use pencil eyeliners. Besides being relatively easier to put up, they are also quite smear resistant. For a more glamorous look, use gel liners. And if you have steady hand and you can handle tasks that require absolute precision, go for liquid liner for the best possible look.
5. Finally, smudge-proofing your eyeliner isn’t too hard. First up, apply your liner with a pencil or a brush, then trace over the line with a matching powder shadow.
maridav / 123RF Stock Photo
domenicogelermo / 123RF Stock Photo
auremar / 123RF Stock Photo