Yet another style that’s popular the world over during the warm months of summer is the roomy-but-not-shapeless jumpsuit. And while it’s not something most people would automatically be attracted to, jumpsuits can easily fit any body shape and any occasion. You simply need to know the basics... which you can find laid out conveniently below. Read on, ladies... ;)
1. For those of you on the petite end of the scale, pick a jumpsuit that’s fitted at the legs, particularly the thighs. Curvy ladies, on the other hand, might want to pay attention to the waist area and add a belt. Also, try to avoid large patterns and stick instead with small prints on fabrics with smooth and solid colors.
2. Jumpsuits are perfect for warm weather, but when the sun is shining you’ll want one that’s extra roomy. A summery print—say, floral—and minimal accessories work great. When the temperature drops, layer up with coats or cardigans and go for closed shoes.
3. Going for a casual look? A denim jumpsuit will work great, especially with a neutral-colored accessory—preferably brown, or another earthy tone.
4. For more formal occasions, look for jumpsuits that are fitted at the top and drapes at the bottom. This creates an elegant silhouette, as if you’re wearing a dress.
5. Can jumpsuits become part of your office ensemble? Of course! Pick one in a dark color with a sleek silhouette, then pair it up with a light-colored blazer.
marinka69 / 123RF Stock Photo
fashionstock / 123RF Stock Photo