Today, it’s practically impossible to find someone who doesn’t have at least one piece of denim in their wardrobe, no? Yes, denim is pretty much universal, which also means that denim can easily be paired with just about any other textile... except denim. Some might disagree, but denim on denim fashion was considered a nightmare in many fashion circles, especially until the early 2000’s. Fortunately, all this has changed, although denim on denim can still present quite a challenge. So, if you’re interested in mixing and matching your favorite denim pieces, these tips might come in handy...
1. First and foremost, keep the denim pieces limited to your clothes. In other words: don’t even think about adding even more denim with denim bags, denim hats, and so on.
2. Still, accessories will play a prominent role. No matter how you wear it, denim will always appear casual and also a bit plain. So, the accessories you wear will define your style.
3. One of the biggest problems with wearing denim tops and bottoms is that your outfit can look rather like a dull onesie. An easy way to avoid this is to pick two pieces with contrasting shades.
4. Two-toned denim pieces are also much easier to pair with other denim pieces, especially if tip no. 3 also applies.
5. And finally, for a truly sensational denim on denim fashion statement, here’s one combination you definitely should try out at least once: ripped jeans paired with a tailored shirt. The contrast between a distressed bottom and a neatly structured top can really look fabulous.
evaletova / 123RF Stock Photo
kostudio / 123RF Stock Photo
lightwave / 123RF Stock Photo