Skincare requirements will constantly change as we age. That’s perfectly natural. However, when a woman hits the 40s range, a completely new factor comes into play: changes in hormonal balance due to the onset of menopause. And yes, this does affect your skin, particularly when it comes to how quick fine lines and wrinkles start appearing. But fear not, we have a pretty solid guide for skincare in your 40s...
1. A proper moisturizing cream is, of course, at the top of this list. Try to pick one that contains hyaluronic acid or glycerin.
2. For products such as toners and cleansers, make sure that they contain glycolic acid.
3. The change in hormone levels we mentioned earlier might lead to acne breakouts, particularly on the forehead and around the lips. Creams that contain salicylic acid might help, but when the problem escalates, consult a dermatologist.
4. Wrinkles will increase around the eyes and lips. The best way to naturally fight this is by increasing your body’s collagen production. Click here for our previous guide on collagen.
5. Another major factor behind skin damage is sun exposure. So, always use sunblock with a high enough SPF rating.
6. When you’re picking a facial cleanser, do some extra research on which products might better suit your skin type. If possible, avoid foaming facial cleansers.
lanak / 123RF Stock Photo
yeko / 123RF Stock Photo
subbotina / 123RF Stock Photo