We all know that green tea is beneficial for us, and that those benefits are pretty diverse. Actually, we’ve known this for quite a long time—which is why it’s just as easy to find green tea listed in a restaurant’s menu as it is to find it on the menu of a high-end spa facility. And yes, green tea is a popular ingredient for skincare products. So, what exactly can green tea do for our skin?
1. Green tea is a powerful antioxidant. But more than that, it also has anti-inflammatory properties, which makes it also useful for acne treatments.
2. Furthermore, green tea can also help you treat sunburn. A towel soaked in green tea (obviously, you need to let it cool first after steeping) and then placed over sunburnt areas of the skin can help soothe the pain and speed up recovery.
3. Facial cleansers infused with green tea can help exfoliate your skin.
4. Facial masks with green tea (especially in high concentrations) is often recommended for people with oily skin, as it can easily absorb excess oil and sebum.
5. Finally, the antioxidant content of green tea can also help from within to prevent skin damage, wrinkling, and early aging of your skin. No, green tea isn’t a magical elixir that will give you a youthful glow in just a couple of days; but the long term benefits of this brew is beyond doubt. One to three cups a day, either hot or cold, will do wonders.
paylessimages / 123RF Stock Photo
tunedin123 / 123RF Stock Photo
inspirestock / 123RF Stock Photo