They say you can tell a fashion model from a regular person even off the runway. It’s not simply a matter of having a pretty face or a slinky silhouette, but more about having a glorious charisma that you bring to your clothing. So, yes, even while off-duty, a model would look stunning. More importantly, though, we can cultivate this attitude in part through the right fashion choices...
1. It all starts with the basics: relaxed shirts, distressed jeans, and maybe a nice pair of boots. With this basic foundation in place, you can easily add more pieces as you see fit. Remember, though, that the off-duty model wants to look nonchalant...
2. Not exactly keen on the minimalist shirt-plus-jeans route? Then go monochromatic. Feel free to add on accessories and prints that you like, but keep the outfit as a whole pointed in the direction of one, single color.
3. Speaking of prints, if you’re going to add bold prints to your outfit, remember that at least one neutral color needs to be prevalent.
4. Consider adding something inspired by men’s fashion to your look. This is entirely optional, of course; but a touch of androgyny might work for you.
5. No matter what time of year it is, correct layering is a big must. So, make sure you know your layering basics and stock up on lightweight pieces.
6. One way to “cheat” in terms of layering is to simply wear whatever you like, and then add a trench coat on top. Yes, this can even work here in the tropics.
7. As a final touch to your very own off-duty model look, opt for natural makeup. You know, nude pink for your lipstick, and so on.
barsik / 123RF Stock Photo
carlodapino / 123RF Stock Photo
peus / 123RF Stock Photo