In fashion, simple is often better. Of course on the flip side, simple is also often boring—especially when we’re talking about something like monochromatic outfits. Is it even possible to rock this look in a way that’s chic and stylish? But of course ... and to that end, these tips might help you out...
1. When you’re picking out a monochrome outfit, look for one in a color that suits your skin tone and eye color.
2. Not so confident about playing with various colors? Pick something neutral and safe: white, gray, black, navy blue or khaki. These are all great options when you’re only starting to experiment with your very own monochrome look.
3. After you’ve picked a color, feel free to explore different shades of that one color to create a single, coordinated outfit.
4. Make your monochrome outfit livelier by fusing different styles and textures. Pleats and drapes, for example; or ruffles and lace, and so on.
5. Add splashes of color through your accessory choices. Bright colors on neutral monochrome outfits are especially striking.
tixti / 123RF Stock Photo