Animal print is perhaps one of the most contentious fashion trends ever. Well, it’s not exactly extreme or anything, but there are some very strong opinions both against and for it. So, what if you’re still undecided about this particular style? What if you’re interested, but still unsure about incorporating animal print into your personal style? Well, perhaps these considerations might help you make a decision...
1. Animal prints is definitely a bold fashion choice—classic, but not easy. In essence, it takes your styling game to a whole new level.
2. Styles based on animal prints are actually a timeless trend. And most animal print motifs use nothing but neutral colors: white, brown, beige, and black.
3. There is an incredible amount of variety in animal print. Leopard spots are fiercer and darker; zebra print offers diagonal patterns in high-contrasting colors; and many contemporary variations will give you an even more options. So, chances are, you’ll be able to find something that really fits you.
4. Animal print pieces can be the perfect choice if you want to add touches of color that really pop on a neutral or monochromatic outfit.
5. Since they’re quite edgy, animal print clothing and accessories can really elevate simple and neutral outfits (shirts, plain tank top, buttoned blouse, and straight leg pants, for example).
6. And finally, animal print—whether it’s only a bag, accents on a blazer, or even a whole outfit—is a very expressive style. Yes, it’s challenging, but without the occasional challenge, our fashion game will never move forward, no?
lanak / 123RF Stock Photo
fashionstock / 123RF Stock Photo