As teenagers (and sometimes well into adulthood) most girls would go through a phase where they’re interested in reading about personality types based on palm lines, tarot cards, and so on. If you’re one of those girls (and probably even if you’re not), you’d be interested to know that some actual studies have shown a possible link between the contents of your closet and your personality. Or, to be exact, there are studies that identified several specific types of closets, and what they say about you as a shopper, a dresser, and a person. What are they? Here we go...
1. A Closet Chameleon: This closet is organized into separate sections for different styles, and clothes are used as costumes. The owner transitions from one role to another, and she'd benefit from digging a little bit deeper to find out what she really likes and wants to say about herself.
2. A Devoted Dresser: This is the closet of a uniform lover. She knows who she is, what she likes, what works best for her personality and body type, and she sticks to it.
3. A Freestyler: At a glance, this is a disorganized, messy closet. But far from it, it makes total sense to the owner, and she can put together a mean outfit in a flash. She goes with the flow and doesn’t like to be rushed. She’s into the experience of it and is always in the moment.
4. A Showstopper: Sunglasses might be needed when you open the closet because it’s bright, bold, and sparkly. A showstopper is visceral and drawn to patterns, color, and bling. This one definitely has an over-the-top vibe.
5. A Systematic Stylist: This is a closet for an ultra-organized woman, where everything has a place. She knows what she likes, and she dresses and shops with a well-defined plan and mission.
6. A Trend Trailblazer: You’ll find the latest items, some with the tags still on in this closet. Everything has to be of the moment. Her wardrobe is diverse but organized, so she can easily pick items to create looks that no one has seen and are right in step with emerging trends.
forewer / 123RF Stock Photo
heidehibbard / 123RF Stock Photo
elenathewise / 123RF Stock Photo