When it comes to casual clothing, nothing can really rival denim. Still, its cousin corduroy has quite an edge in fall/winter fashion, mainly due to its earthy and cozy tones. And while it has that dressy impression that makes it suitable for fancy events, the smooth and delicate fabric makes it perfect for casual settings as well. Thinking about how to use corduroy in your daily outfits? Read on, ladies...
1. For a vintage feel, wear it as a pair of flared jeans. This is also the most common way. Compared to skinny jeans, the silhouette is flattering for any body type.
2. Corduroy is exceptionally stretchable. So, for a more modern take on your usual everyday outfits, try wearing it as straight-cut pants, boot-cut, or even skinny jeans.
3. Corduroy makes for great outerwear: jackets, blazers, and coats. You can either go for something bright and bold as the highlight of your outfit, or find a corduroy jacket that will harmonize well with the rest of your ensemble.
4. Play up the natural texture of the fabric and wear it as a fitted mini skirt that’s suitable for any seasons.
5. For an unconventional preppy look, go for either a simple-silhouetted corduroy dress or a flowing A-lined variety.
6. Lastly, try to mix and match a bit within the same outfit. With the right colors and design, corduroy can be paired with leather, silk, suede, or even its cousin, denim.
yurolaitsalbert / 123RF Stock Photo
lithian / 123RF Stock Photo
tonobalaguer / 123RF Stock Photo