Ah, turtleneck sweaters ... one of the most recognizable fall/winter fashion pieces. And one of the warmest and coziest as well. However, turtlenecks are mostly seen as a house clothes or get buried under layers of other outfits as the weather turns really cold. So, can this fall staple shine on its own as a street-style outfit? Of course... and here are some tips to help you do just that...
• For a nice retro chiclook, pair your favorite turtleneck with tailored trousers and leather loafers (preferably black).
• Turtlenecks and midi skirts work very well together when you want to look feminine and chic.
• If you want a more conservative feel, then the easiest way would be to layer your turtleneck under a shift dress (preferably one with a loose silhouette).
• While fall will almost always be cold, the monsoon we have here will have plenty of warm days. So, a sleeveless turtleneck will be quite handy, especially paired with a calf-length skirt.
• On the other hand, when you need an extra warm and cozy outfit (that’s still stylish) layer a cable-knit sweater over your turtleneck.
• The middle ground between the previous two options would be to layer a sleeveless outerwear piece (a vest, perhaps) on top of your turtleneck.
• Want to wear a turtleneck to the office? Then pair it with a tailored blazer. For an even classier look, pick a turtleneck and blazer pairing of the same color.
• An elegant necklace (or a choker) can form a pseudo-neckline that can really ramp-up your turtleneck-based look.
frescomovie / 123RF Stock Photo
peus / 123RF Stock Photo
porechenskaya / 123RF Stock Photo