Everybody wants beautiful and also healthy nails. And like so many other beauty and health issues, it all boils down to our daily habits. So, what can you do each day for your nails? It’s quite simple actually... so, let’s read on...
1. Always keep your hands spotlessly clean. For a bit of extra cleansing, apply soap to a toothbrush, then gently scrub your nails and skin.
2. Never use metal nail tools under the nail.
3. Trim your nails regularly, at least once every two weeks.
4. Prioritize health over length. If your nail often breaks, keep them short.
5. Leave your cuticles alone.
6. Disinfect your nail tools after each use. Yes, it’s a bit bothersome, but the long term benefits make it worth the extra effort.
7. Make sure to read the labels before buying nail polish. Just like makeup, not all brands are created equal.
8. Give your nails a break between heavy use of nail art or bold pigments.
9. Always moisturize your hand and nails. As a rule of thumb, do it as often as you moisturize your face.
10. Vitamins and supplements like fish oil along with a protein-rich diet can also help your nails.
belchonock / 123RF Stock Photo
mihhailov / 123RF Stock Photo
fotoreactor / 123RF Stock Photo