As the colder season starts in earnest, one particular style once again comes to the forefront: layering. Besides keeping you warm, layering also presents you with many new ways to stay fashionable. Of course, there are pitfalls to this style... such as looking too bulky. So, here are 6 tips on layering that will serve you well in the coming months...
1. Start with thin garments made of lightweight fabrics like silk and cotton, and wear the thicker ones as outerwear.
2. On unusually warm days, you can wear your shorts, miniskirts, or mini dresses and layer them with a pair of tights underneath. Then, slip on your favorite boots.
3. Be creative and play with the lengths of the clothes you’ll incorporate. Don’t layer two articles of clothing with the same hemline to avoid bulkiness.
4. Play with the color scheme of your outfit to make it interesting. You could either pair up complimentary colors or create a contrasting effect.
5. Sometimes two layers is enough, especially during transition between seasons.
6. Mix different prints and patterns into one outfit. Just remember to have that one neutral color that stands as common ground.
qeen21 / 123RF Stock Photo
fashionstock / 123RF Stock Photo